We are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We have provided this Policy to help you understand how we collect, use, and protect your information. We wish to help you make informed decisions.
- All capitalized terms used herein are defined in the last section of this Policy.
- When you open an account with us and Use our Platform, you are directed to this Policy and required to accept and/or agree to this Policy. Each time you Use our Platform and each time you provide us with information or data to us via the Platform or otherwise, you are accepting and agreeing to the current version of this Policy and consent and agree to our collection and processing of your information as set forth in this Policy.
- We may amend, update, modify, or revise this Policy at any time by posting an amended, updated, modified, or revised version of the Policy in our App or on our Site. The revised version will be effective as of the published effective date. Your continued Use of our Platform after such effective date indicates your acceptance of and agreement to the amended, updated, modified, or revised Policy. You should check our Policy periodically for modifications.
- This Policy does not apply to any website or application owned and/or operated by or on behalf of any third party, even if we provide a link to such website from our Platform.
How We Collect Information and What We Collect
When you open an account with us, whether by downloading and installing the App, creating an account in our App or on our Site, we collect Personal Information consisting of, at a minimum, your name, email address, mobile phone number, Payment Method, Payment Information, Username and password.
- Over the course of your Use of the Platform, we may collect additional Personal Information such as: your mailing address, billing address, Transaction data; GPS data; information that you voluntarily provide like User Content; information received from your credit card provider, digital wallet, or financial institution; information necessary to address your help requests or to troubleshoot problems; information provided in connection with your membership level; information contained in any communication you have with us; and your Username and password.
- We also collect or compile other Anonymized Data about you (such as enrollment numbers, demographic group information, or gender) on an aggregated and de-identified basis. We may use or share such information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
How We Use Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information and Messaging to:
- provide you with information at or near you or at your location.
- facilitate, process, and document your Transactions using your Payment Information and to process, including refunds or credits.
- in some instances, serve as the merchant of record for the purpose of settling your Transactions using your Payment Information.
- offer or process, either directly or via a third party, automated billing and similar programs in which you may elect to participate.
- provide you with support and responses to requests and complaints.
- operate the Platform and to improve, enhance, and customize your experience with the Platform.
- send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Platform and its Use.
- send you marketing, advertising material, and other content and provide you with information and advertisements about sites, shops, amenities, offers, discounts other places and attractions in your close vicinity, or that we believe you may find interesting. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of our services.
- improve the user experience for you and other users.
- create Anonymized data.
- administer and conduct surveys, contests, questionnaires, discount or rewards programs, sweepstakes, or promotions for ourselves or third parties.
- analyze and monitor Platform usage and make improvements.
- help secure the Platform, prevent fraud, and enforce our policies.
- facilitate communication between you and Community.
- comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under applicable law.
- troubleshoot and address outages, malfunctions, or problems that you are having with our Platform.
- facilitate the termination of your account and retain your Personal Information for archival purposes or when we are required to retain such information by law or pursuant to our other agreements.
- take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Community.
- make required reports to Transaction Entities and our other partners and service providers.
- provide you with your dating history.
- contact you about our other products and services or those of our Affiliates or, if you agree, those of other third parties.
- contact the relevant authorities on your behalf regarding your Penalties, if you request us to do so.
- provide requested information to relevant authorities upon the request of such authorities.
- collect or attempt to collect any unpaid amounts owed by you.
- perform other activities with your consent.
- conduct data analysis, audits, develop new products, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operate and expand our business activities.
- we use collective learnings about how people use our services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas of integration and improvement of the services.
- If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where: we need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the services; it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and protect our legal rights and interests; we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation; or you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the services.
- For all other legal purposes.
How We Use Anonymized Data.
We use Anonymized Data:
- To properly operate and improve the quality of the Platform.
- To enhance your experience.
- To create new services, features, or products, including customized services, and change or cancel existing service.
- For internal, external, commercial, analytical, and statistical purposes.
How We Share Information.
We will never sell, rent, license or exchange your Personal Information with a third party without your permission, except as otherwise provided herein. No Personal Information will be shared with third party advertisers or partners without your permission, except as otherwise provided herein. There are certain disclosures of your Personal Information that do not require us to obtain your permission and, subject to whatever opt-out rights you may have, you hereby consent to such disclosures. We may share your Personal Information and other information:
- With companies and vendors that help us to operate our business by providing services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, integration, analytics, marketing, sales customer service, email delivery, Messaging, auditing, debt collecting, and other business operations services.
- With third party sponsors of promotions or contests in which you choose to participate. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-parties before connecting to or using their applications or services.
- The services may include links that direct you to other websites or services those privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas and respond to requests from public and government authorities (which those outside your country of residence).
- To protect our rights, operations, or property, or that of our users.
- To investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the Terms or law.
- With a purchaser of Community App (or most of its assets), or a merger, reorganization, or internal acquisition.
- With Transaction Entities (Personal Information and Anonymized Data) as needed for Transactions or required by our agreements.
- With third party service providers and other third-party partners (Anonymized Data, only) as needed for our or their performance of contractual duties.
- With our Affiliates as allowed by law. Any Personal Information relating to you that we provide to our Affiliates will be treated by those Affiliates in accordance with this Policy and we are responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- If you participate in surveys, contests, questionnaires, discount or rewards programs, sweepstakes, or promotions offers, discount or rewards programs, sweepstakes, promotions, questionnaires, or surveys, we may share Personal Information about you with our service providers and other third parties.
- If you Use our Platform to complete Transactions or engage in any other kind of activity that uses your financial information, with: Transaction Entities; our other service providers; and such third parties as we determine are necessary to process or complete your Transactions.
- We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. With your consent.
Access to, Correction of Your Personal Information.
Our Platform allows you to review, change, update, or delete your Personal Information via the App. Any change, update, or deletion of your Personal Information via these means will be reflected both in the App and on your Personal Pages. Additional information on changing your account settings and modifying or deleting Personal Information can be found in the Platform Guidance.
You may contact us at any time to request, for your review, any additional Personal Information that we have collected about you. We will attempt to supply you with such information promptly.
If there are updates or changes to such additional Personal Information we have collected, you may contact us here, or via email at email@example.com and we will attempt to accommodate all requests for such changes. Some changes may be accomplished using batch processing (i.e. a collection of several similar change requests and making all such changes at once), so your changes may not be immediately effective.
Please note that changing or deleting portions of your Personal Information will only change or delete the Personal Information for purposes of future Transactions and will not change Personal Information already used to complete a Transaction or already shared in accordance with the terms of this Policy. PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGES TO OR DELETIONS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY PREVENT YOU FROM USING THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PLATFORM OR THE PLATFORM AT ALL (for example, deleting your Payment Methods will prevent you from Using the Platform and deleting your license plate number will render the App ineffective).
Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet and the Platform cannot be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Information collected by the Platform is stored in secure operating environments that are protected by physical and logical security measures and procedural safeguards. Your information may be transferred to and maintained operating environments which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside and may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in your country or jurisdiction. Your Personal Information is encrypted.
The payment card industry has adopted the PCI DSS which provides comprehensive standards and a framework of specifications, tools, measurements and support resources to help organizations ensure the safe and secure handling of cardholder information at every step. Our compliance with PCI DSS has provided the ability for us to use a robust security process for payment card data and other Personal Information; including prevention, detection and appropriate reaction to security incidents. We are PCI DSS compliant and maintain the highest level of certification under PCI DSS and hold your Personal Information in accordance therewith. Our conformance to PCI DSS is regularly audited by third parties.
You are responsible for keeping your Username and password and login information for your account secret so that only you can access your account and the Platform. You are also responsible for adhering to the minimum requirements for a password, which are prompted when you open your account and can also be found in the Platform Guidance. Community App cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access to or loss of Personal Information that is beyond our control.
Your ability to opt-out applies to anything we share other than what is necessary for our everyday business purposes. To opt-out contact us here, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you opt-out as described herein (i) will only apply to future Transactions and will not change Personal Information already used to complete a Transaction or already shared in accordance with the terms of this Policy and (ii) MAY PREVENT YOU FROM USING THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PLATFORM OR THE PLATFORM AT ALL. Whenever you remove some or all of your Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove all or some (as the case may be) of your Personal Information from our files, however, we may retain your Personal Information for archival purposes or when we are required to retain such Personal Information pursuant to other agreements or by law and we may retain, use, and share your Anonymized Data that we previously collected.
- At any time, you can edit or remove your Personal Information as described herein, however, we may retain your Personal Information for archival purposes or when we required to retain such Personal Information pursuant to other agreements or by law and we may retain, use, and share your Anonymized Data that we collected prior to when you opt-out.
- At any time, you may delete your account and uninstall the App. To delete your account, go to Edit Profile in the app and press the red DELETE ACCOUNT button at the bottom of the screen. You may also contact us here, or via email at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your Personal Information from our files, however, we may retain your Personal Information for archival purposes or when we are required to retain such Personal Information pursuant to other agreements or by law and we may retain, use, and share your Anonymized Data that we previously collected prior to your deletion of your account.
- If you do not want us to use Personal Information as part of the pool of Anonymized Data that we share, you may choose to opt-out. Please contact us here with your request, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain, use, and share your Anonymized Data that we collected prior to when you-opt out..
- If you do not wish to receive SMS texts or email, you can change your preferences in your account permissions on your Personal Pages or via the settings in the App. Additionally, in the case of emails, you may click on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you can only change the setting in your mobile device.
- If you wish to block GPS location functionality, then you can suspend GPS access to our App using your mobile device settings.
- If you wish to block access to your connected social media accounts, you can do so by disabling or restricting connections via the settings in the Platform or in your social media account.
- Your opt-out will not stop our use of Personal Information as part of the pool of Anonymized Data for other business purposes, such as:
- Processing Transactions;
- Risk and fraud prevention;
- Maintenance and development of our Platform;
- Reporting on the state of our business;
- Designing and operating our other products and services; or
- Providing Payment Information to Transaction Entities.
- You opt-out will not affect any of your preferences or the choices provided to you by Transaction Entities. Please contact the Transaction Entity if you want to change your preferences or choices regarding its use of your information.
- You will not be able to opt out of in-App messaging in as much as it is used, without limitation, to provide notices about the Platform.
- Additional information on opting out can be found in the Platform Guidance.
If you live outside the U.S. and are Using the Platform your Personal Information may be processed or stored on servers located in the U.S. By Using the Platform, you authorize the export and processing of your Personal Information to the U.S.
Law and Jurisdiction.
This Policy and our legal obligations are subject to the laws of the State of Maryland and Wyoming in the U.S., excluding its principles of conflicts of law and the private international law rules. Regardless of your location, the exclusive jurisdiction and the venue for any litigation will be in the state or federal courts of Atlanta, Georgia.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as S.B. 27, allows residents of California to request certain information regarding our disclosures in the prior calendar year, if any, of personally identifiable information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. California residents may contact us for such information.
- As used in this Policy, “Affiliates” mean any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us, whether by ownership or otherwise.
- Anonymous, statistical, or aggregated information, on a de-identified basis (such as anonymous location information, enrollment numbers, demographic group information, etc.), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user is referred to as “Anonymized Data.“
- “Cookies” mean the small data files on your computer or other device which consist of cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, “flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications.
- Community App provides support and helpdesk functions via email at email@example.com; or by using the Improve App feature in our mobile application.
- Communications with you via SMS texts, in-App messaging, push notifications, or email are referred to as “Messaging.“
- Startup Venture Partnerships LLC. and its Affiliates are collectively referred to as “Community App,” “us,” “we,” or “our“.
- Information, including information of any type necessary to process payments in connection with any Transaction, related to payments via the Payment Methods is collectively referred to as “Payment Information“).
- The PCI Data Security Standard is referred to as “PCI DSS.“
- As used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, including, without limitation name, address, identifying number or code, telephone number, and email address.
- “Personal Pages” is a reference to the pages in our App or on our Site that you use to open your account with us (if you choose to open your account on our Site) or access the Personal Information provided when you opened your account with us.
- Our App and Site, together with any future updates, changes or additions thereto, are collectively referred to as our “Platform.“
- “Platform Guidance” means the information and guidance provided by Community App on our Site at https://thefacedateapp.com, as updated amended and replaced from time to time.
- Our backend technologies, functions, servers, databases and our other products, services, content, features, technologies, functions, applications, and related websites are collectively referred to as “Services.“
- Our website located at https://thefacedateapp.com is referred to as the “Site.“
- As used in this Policy, “Transactions” mean, collectively, starting, paying for, completing or making transactions of all kinds, including, purchases, monthly or other transactions, purchases, and completing other financial transactions Using our Platform using our accepted Payment Methods and any Use of Services.
- Credit card issuers; banking institutions; electronic or digital wallet companies; credit rating services; venue owners, operators, managers, contractors, customer service, representatives, agents, and vendors; valet service providers; sports teams; theaters; entertainment venues; distributors of the Platform; companies with whom we have a co-branding relationship; companies for whom we provide software without out attribution (white labeled), entities for whom we provide dating management services; governmental agencies; event organizers and partners; education entities; and municipalities; and any other entities companies for whom we provide our Platform as a contractor, service provider, and the like are collectively referred to as “Transaction Entities.“
- Utilizing the Platform or its components in any manner, including, without limitation, by viewing it or Installing it, is referred to as a “Use.“
- “Username” means the user name required upon creating an account, whether it is assigned by the Platform or created by you.
- Contributions that you or others make to our App or Site, which may include, among others, uploading your user profile, participating in chats, using our bulletin boards, etc., are collectively referred to as “User Content.“
When we refer to “you” or “your,” we mean the person accessing or using our Platform. If the person accessing or using our Platform, acts on behalf of, or for the purposes of another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also mean that other person, including a business organization.